Many of us had a Canada visa and study in Canada in mind one time or the other. With changes in the study permit rules, it could be hard to keep up with sometimes. While planning for a Canadian study permit the very first thing that comes in mind is proving English proficiency. Different countries have different requirements and accept different language proficiency exams such as IELTS, TOFEL, PTE, etc. Nationals of some countries may not need to go through a language proficiency exam.
SDS program offers faster processing time for the study permit applications. This is the preferred choice for students who want to study in Canada. The target processing time is 20 business days; however, some applications may take longer. The SDS program is open to the legal residents of the following countries.
- To qualify for the SDS program you MUST satisfy the following requirements.
- Must be a legal resident of the above-listed counties.
- Need a letter of acceptance from a Canadian post-secondary DLI.
- prove that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study.
- Live outside of Canada when you apply.
- Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000.
- Quebec’s requirements are slightly different.
- Need upfront medical exam.
- Require all post-secondary transcripts.
- Must have a minimum of 6.0 in each of the IELTS language ability or a minimum of 7 in each TEF ability.
- You may need additional documents.
We got your back! We are authorized representatives as per Canadian immigration law. You can simply provide us the required documents and we will be able to assess you for study in Canada. We will then provide you some program and DLI suggestions that you could consider when applying. It may be a bit faster to get a letter of admission in a private DLI, one the other hand a public DLI may take a few weeks to process.