There are several types of Canadian work permits. However, to make it easier they can be divided into 2 broad categories.
There are several ways to come to Canada for work. Your nationality is a major deciding factor in how easy or difficult it is for you come to Canada and work. For example, if your country has an agreement with Canada or you use a recognized organization, you may be eligible under the International Experience Canada. Further, North American Free Trade Agreement may also be an option to explore if you qualify. Also, there are other programs such as post graduate work permit, closed work permit based on LMIA, Intra-company transfer etc.
- Stay away from unauthorized agents/consultants.
- Prove that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires.
- Obey the law and do not involve in any criminal activity.
- Not be a danger to Canada’s security.
- Do not plan to work with ineligible employers.
- Avoid exiting Canada to get the permit at the POE (Port of Entry).
- Review your eligibility before applying for the work permit.
- Provide additional documents if requested.