What is sponsorship for parents or grandparents?

You may be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents to Canada as permanent residents.

Sponsoring parents or grandparents to Canada is a 2 step process. Firstly, you need to submit your interest to sponsor form. The form is available for a very limited time at the beginning of the year. After the form closes, Canada will review the submissions and will invite you to submit the complete applications.

Second step is to submit the complete application for sponsoring your parents and/or grandparents.

Sponsor your parents

Who can sponsor their parents and/or grandparents?

For sponsoring your parents and/or grandparents you must satisfy the eligibility criteria as a sponsor.
  • Firstly, your must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
  • And, must be living in Canada.
  • Must be at least 18 year of age.
  • Must have enough money to sponsor the persons you want to sponsor.
  • Also, must not be receiving social assistance other than for a disability.

What is the govt. processing fee?

The govt. processing fee for each parent or grandparent is $1,040.

What is the processing time?

The current estimated processing time is 20 to 24 months after submitting the complete application.
Super visa, sponsor your parents

Few things to keep in mind!

Here are few very important points to keep in mind for sponsorship parents and/or grandparents.
  • You are financially responsible for 20 years for each sponsored parent of grandparent.
  • Also, you can not sponsor your in-laws; however, you can co-sign it.
  • Your parent/grandparent must not be inadmissible to Canada.
  • In addition, you must not be under removal order.
  • If your sponsored parent/grandparent gets any social assistance, you must repay the province.
  • Further, you must not be an undischarged bankrupt.
  • Above all, if you have failed the financial obligation where you sponsored or co-signed a parent/grandparent in past, you are not eligible.